The Bottom Line
- Sleek design
- Side amber lights offer extra visibility
- Good value
- Simple operation
- Light control may be somewhat difficult to access
- Seven red LED's deliver light through three modes of steady or blinking
- Sleek water resistant case
- Side LED's provide 180 degree visibility
- 150 hour runtime flash mode
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Unique amber-colored flashers visible from the side
Guide Review - Mars 3.0 Bicycle Tail Light by Blackburn
The Mars 3.0 tail light has three standard settings: steady, where the light burns solid and two blinking patterns - one, a constant flash, the other, a rolling up and down flash pattern. I like this simplicity because I've used other lights in the past that touted their 32 combinations of flash patterns as a real plus. I just found that it took longer for you to have to cycle through them all to turn the light off.
The only drawback to the Mars 3.0 tail light is that the on-and-off switch, set just below flush at the top of the case, is pretty small. Somebody with big fat fingers like me may have a wee bit of trouble with it compared to the bigger, often raised buttons that are used on other lights. But this is a minor drawback.
The Mars 3.0 is an affordable, well-built light that attaches securely, delivers bright light, and is built sturdy to last you a long time.