Gear and Accessories For Your Bike
By David Fiedler, About.com Guide
Bicycle Clothes and Gear
You don't necessarily need special clothes to ride a bike. But having the right attire can make the ride more fun and comfortable. Learn more here about what to look for in different pieces of cycling wear, as well as reviews of the best and most popular products.
- What Bike Gloves Are For
- Jack Frost Can Take a Hike: Dress Right For Cool Weather Riding
- Stay Warm in Any Weather: Dressing in Layers
- Cycling Jersey Reviews
- Bike Shorts, Bibs and Knickers -- Reviewed
- Bike Helmets and other headwear -- Reviewed
- Bike Glove Round-Up
- Review: Ridge Runner Vest by L.L. Bean
- Caring for Your Bike Clothes - Make them last longer, look better, smell nicer
- Review: Ryders Eyewear - Cycling Sunglasses
Parts and Accessories for your Bike
There are lots of things you can put on your bike to make it better. Things to make it faster, safer, more comfortable and more useful. Learn more here about parts and accessories for your bike.
- Before You Buy Bike Tires
- Bike Tire Photo Gallery - See the Different Types of Bike Tires
- What Type of Pedals Should I Use?
- Review: Axiom Paceline Reflex Fenders
- Review: CatEye Strada Cyclocomputer
- Review: Flashing Bike Pedals by Pedalite
- Review: UltraFazer 5.0 bike light by Nite Rider
- Mars 3.0 Bicycle Tail Light by Blackburn
- Review: Voyager 4.0 headlight by Blackburn
- Review: Topeak Beam Rack DX
- Review: Topeak MTX Trunk Bag
Things You Need When You Ride
You don't want to carry the whole house around with you when you're out on your bike, that's for sure. Being on a bike is about being easy and free. But there are a few essential items that you want to have with you to make your riding safe, comfortable and self-sufficient.