The Bottom Line
- Easy to use
- Better than the patches in the Bell Deluxe Patch Kit (but not by much)
- Not reliable for high-pressure tires
- Not intended for long-term repairs.
- One-inch pre-glued patches
- Six in a container, suggested retail $2.49
- Simply peel off backing and apply over the puncture
Guide Review - Slime Skabs Tire Patch Review
Slime Skabs are a pre-glued patch for your inner tube, and can be used if you get a puncture while you're out on the road. They are intended for quick and easy patch repair, with no need for rubber cement and the waiting time for the cement to set. The goal is to make your repair quick and easy so you can get back home.
With a nifty little storage container and decent adhesive, you'll find that these Slime Skab patches will do the trick in a pinch, but don't count on them for a permanent repair like a traditional patch held on by rubber cement. They will likely get you home, but they won't hold much longer than that, probably not even overnight. Also, while they'll work okay for lower-pressure tires like on a mountain bike or cruiser, their holding ability will be challenged particularly when applied to high-pressure tubes like you find on a skinny-tire road bike.
Cost suggested retail price of $2.49 for six 1-inch pre-glued patches.