1. Nothing is Impossible
My wife deserves the CLIF chocolate because of the emotional strength, physical power, and perseverance she possesses and teaches our children. When our young child died, the simple bicycle saved not only our marriage, but our family as well. This year my wife has worked her way up to a 70.3 Ironman and continues to teach our children nothing is impossible.
--Scott from Boise, Idaho
2. Super Mom is Always Ready
I am nominating my friend, Christine, as she is a wonderful mother to her 2 children, a super wife to her husband Patrick and a great friend and bike riding partner to me. Her day starts at the crack of dawn with cutting fruit and veggies for her children's school lunches. After they head off, we begin our 25 miles plus bike training rides. We typically stop at the beach for a snack to keep us going. I enjoy our talks and laughs during our ride, where we discuss our children, meals and of course our husbands. My day isn't complete without spending time with my friend. Our day cranks up again when the kids get home from school and homework, sports and dinner needs to be completed, but super mom is always ready.
--Maria from Commack, New York
3. Riding and working and walking
Reasons why my wife Donna deserves a box of CLIF Bar chocolaty favorites:
- (1) Loves chocolate including CLIF Bars;
- (2) rides her Trek Pilot 4,000-6,000 miles/year;
- (3) works as a full-time therapist putting her daughter through college;
- (4) walks her chocolate Lab every day. (I lied. He’s a licorice lab.)
--Curtis from Collinsville, Illinois
4. Other CLIF Product Reviews
When people think about Clif products, the CLIF bar almost naturally comes to mind. Though it's probably the company's most famous product, there are a whole bunch more energy and nutrition products for active people in the CLIF line that are worth checking out. My fellow about.com guides have reviewed a number of Clif products, and their assessment of these items are shown below.
- Review: Clif Crunch Granola Bar by Wendy Bumgardner, About.com's guide to Walking.
- Review: Clif All Terrain Wine Transport, by Beth Puliti, About.com's guide to Mountain Biking.
- Review: Clif Builder's Bar by Wendy Bumgardner
- Review: Clif Shot Roks Protein Bites by Wendy Bumgardner
- Review: Clif Mojo Trail Mix Bar by Wendy Bumgardner