Do You Have a Question?
Post your question in the forum. I check it frequently, and you'll get not only my answer but answers from others too.
List Your Site
If you have a bike-related travel service such as a bike rental shop or guided tour business, you have a good chance of having at least one of your pages listed. To ask for a link or to point out one I've missed, please send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to give us your site's URL, your location, the preferred way you want to be named and a suggested description. Please note that items missing these things will be rejected and that we reserve the right to modify your listing without notice.
If you would like permission to reprint a photograph or article from this site in print or on another website, please complete the about.com reprint request form. While the form appears to be for articles only, just fill in the information for the images you want to use. If you want more than one image, put the URLs for the rest in the "Other" box. Someone will contact you after that.
Like all the guides at About.com, I'm a real person. I receive a lot of email, but try to reply to every inquiry I receive. If I don't write you back, I apologize - it just means I don't know the answer to your question or am unable to help.
You can email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep your message out of the spam filter, please include either the word "bike" or "bicycle" in your subject line.
- What kind of bike should I buy?
- It depends. If you're just getting started with cycling, figuring out what kind of bike is right for you is the best place to begin. Or, our section on gear and accessories has a number of general product reviews that can give you more specific feedback on items your Guide has tested.
- Can I contribute a review of my own bike?
- Yes! We have a special section on the forum for user reviews. It is especially helpful when you post about your experience with a particular product. We only get to test the bikes for a few days at a time; you know what it's really like to live with it long-term.
- Can I request that a specific bicycle or bike accessory be reviewed?
- Sure. Send me an email with the words "Review Request" and the name of the bicycle or bike product in the subject line. I try to arrange our reviews a few weeks in advance; if the item you want to read about is available to us, I'll do what I can. You can also ask for opinions in the About Bicycling Forum.
- How do you get bikes and bike gear and accessories for review?
- Cycling companies are usually eager for members of the press to evaluate their products for the publicity it brings. Either we request the item from them, or they contact us and ask us to review a specific model. They also put on launch programs to introduce new bikes or bike equipment.