So if you're headed for the Orlando, Florida area and looking for a place to go riding while you are there, one great place to check out is the West Orange Trail. As a former railway now converted to a 22-mile trail for cyclists and pedestrians, it's a wonderful way to see the "real" Florida, away from all the saccharine tourist sites. There are several segments that are particularly worthwhile, and several segments that you'd be recommended to skip if you are short on time. Here's the scoop on the trail as I found it on a recent ride.
- How to Find a Bike When You Travel
- The World From Two Wheels: Great Places to Ride
- Battlefield Bike Tours - Seeing Historic Sites on Bike
- Bike Riding in Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Getting Dirty in Houston: Mountain Biking in Memorial Park