U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte decided on Friday to close the investigation into possible doping by seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong without bringing any charges against him. For years, Armstrong has steadfastly denied any use of performance enhancing drugs.
Though the closing of this investigation brings an end to the possibility of charges to Lance in the U.S. through this particular inquiry, Armstrong will continue to be dogged by rumor and suspicion of doping, which has trailed him for most of his career.
Do you believe Lance was a clean racer? Comment below.
- Tyler Hamilton says Lance was a Doper
- Drugs and Doping in Professional Cycling
- All About Lance Armstrong
- Lance Armstrong: a photo gallery of a life in cycling
- Books by and about Lance Armstrong