Recently contributor Kimberly Hellyar had a terrific article about using Spin Classes as a means to get in some excellent interval training, particularly during the off-season.
Kim's newest article is on how a person can more effectively develop cardiovascular endurance through use of a heart rate monitor to track how hard they are working in these indoor cycling sessions, (commonly known as "spinning").
This allows for targeting a specific level of exertion under controlled circumstances, meaning a person can focus on developing levels of bicycling fitness, such as endurance, strength, or even increasing your maximum all-out, give it everything, level of pedal-cranking glory.
- Tracking Your Heart Rate in a Spin Class for targeted fitness development
- Are Spin Classes Right for You?
- What Happens in a Spin Class
- Use Spin Classes for Interval Training
- What Have YOU Gained Through Spinning? Share your story.
|| Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter Signup | Discussion Forum ||